Bike to Work Day, May 16, 2014
Bike to Work Day is a community event that encourages Albuquerque residents to “bike to work” as an alternative to driving a car. In partnership with the City of Albuquerque Parks and Recreation Department’s Esperanza Community Bike Shop, BikeABQ has coordinated 9 stops in various locations in the city where participants can stop, take a break, pick up a cool T-Shirt, have a snack, and visit with other riders. Join us for this yearly event and give the car a break for a day!
Afterwards, join the Esperanza Community Bike Shop for an Open House and Art Display on Friday (Bike to Work Day) from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. The Esperanza Community Bike Shop is located at 5600 Esperanza NW. Join us for all!
Thursday, May 15, 2014 – 1 Stop:
1. KAFB/Sandia Labs/VA Hospital Cycle Stop (Ridgecrest and Truman)
Friday, May 16, 2014 – 9 Stops
1. Heights Cycle Stop (Erna Fergusson Library next to Paseo del Nordeste Trail near San Mateo)
2. Westside Cycle Stop (Pueblo Montano Picnic Area)
3. Journal Center/Los Ranchos Cycle Stop (North Diversion Channel Trail and NM Rail Runner Journal Center/Los Ranchos Station (Edith & El Pueblo)
4. Intel Cycle Stop (This food stop is near NM 528 & 19th St with access from Sara Rd/Meadowlark. Follow “Event” signs on Intel Drive to the food stop)
5. Doc & Eddy’s on east side of new bridge over I-25 on Bear Canyon Trail
6. Bosque Trail Cycle Stop (Parking lot on east side of Gail Ryba bridge over Rio Grande River)
7. Uptown Cycle Stop (Uptown Transit Center (near America’s Parkway & Indian School)
8. Downtown Bike to Work Cycle Stop (Civic Plaza near the stage)
9. UNM North Campus (North Diversion Channel Trail just north of Tucker)